2. Living Waterways Framework: Defining Outcomes for Waterways and Liveability
Led by: Dr Andrew O'Neill, Principal Scientist, Manager Water by Design, Healthy Waterways Partnership
About the course
This course provides an introduction to the principles of water sensitive urban design with an emphasis on creating Living Waterways; an innovative new approach to achieving multiple benefits for waterways, communities, urban spaces and local economies. The Living Waterways Framework provides a pragmatic tool for setting clear objectives and desired outcomes in design and promoting collaborative thinking and ownership of multiple outcomes that deliver Living Waterways.
Completion of the “Living Waterways Framework” training will provide participants with the skills to:
- Identify the potential to achieve community and environmental outcomes through design
- Scope site-based options for enhancing liveability and water quality through nature-based stormwater management
- Communicate and engage with key stakeholders
- Identify evidence-based design options and understand technical specifications
- Promote collaborative thinking for design solutions and strategies and ownership of Living Waterways outcomes
Who should enrol?
More informationVera Magazzeni
T +61 7 3014 0290