10. Catchment Prioritisation: Money, Methods, Management and Mysteries
Led by: Tony Weber, Alluvium
Misko Ivezich, Alluvium
Jim Binney, Principal, Mainstream Economics and Policy
About the course
One of the biggest challenges facing catchment managers is how to invest in management actions in the most cost-effective manner possible. Through this course, we will present a range of methods available to managers to determine where investment might be needed, how much it will cost and how effective it could be. From this, you will have the tools to develop your own framework for prioritising actions and solving the mystery of achieving best “bang for buck”.
On completion of this course, participants will have the skills to:
- Understand key river and catchment processes driving waterway health
- Select the right tools for assessing management actions
- Develop methods for including impact and economic assessments in catchment decision
- Know how to prioritise catchment actions and interventions in the most cost-effective manner
Who should enrol?
More informationVera Magazzeni
T +61 7 3014 0290