Register now: Collaborative Approaches to Flood Risk Management
Taking lessons from Brisbane, Australia and across the globe, this course will encourage participants to explore solutions to managing flood risk that contribute to resilient, adaptive and sustainable communities and cities.
The course is designed for practitioners from multiple disciplines to encourage a collaborative and integrated approach to Flood Risk Management. A blend of theoretical learning and practical experiences in flood management will be applied in classes to explore international and local case studies.
By the end of this course participants will understand the suite of measures available for managing flood risk and the importance of a collaborative approach to delivering FRM. Participants will develop the skills to:
- Understand flood behaviour, flood risk and the terminology used
- Apply a suite of measures to flood risk management plans using a Plan, Prepare, Respond and Recover framework
- Understand the roles and responsibilities and importance of collaboration in delivering flood risk management
- Communicate flood risk and improve community resilience through increased awareness and preparedness activities
- Work within multidisciplinary teams to implement more integrated approaches to Flood Risk Management
Online classes will be held weekly for eight weeks commencing 11 July to 2 September 2016. Registrations are now open until 27 June 2016.
T: +61 7 3014 0200