Position vacant: Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
Growth-oriented business with the office in the Brisbane CBD. International WaterCentre (IWC) is a joint venture of the University of Queensland and the Griffith University. IWC provides education and training, applied research and knowledge services to implement a whole-of-water cycle approach and develop capacity in integrated water resource management.
IWC is looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications. The role will initially commence on a 12-month, fixed-term contract, with a view to a permanent position.
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications is part of the Business Management Team, reporting to the CEO and overseeing a small team of professionals while working towards effectively positioning the company through innovative marketing and communications strategies nationally and internationally.
Purpose of the role
- Increase the profile, within Australia and internationally, of the International WaterCentre and associated entities
- Coordinate the review, development and implementation of the Centre’s and Entities overall strategic marketing plan and specific product plans
- Enable Program Teams to achieve their commercial objectives
- Design and conduct market research for the Company and related entities
- Coordinate the Centre’s public relations and communications strategy
- Contribute to the development of the Centre’s strategic and business planning process
- Respond to priorities set by the IWC Chief Executive and Board as required
The successful candidate must have the ability to and be able to demonstrate they can identify target markets, and implement and measure high-level, effective integrated marketing and communications campaigns, lead the teams to drive commercial success of the Centre.
- A marketing or communications degree, or equivalent from an academic institution
- 7+ year of marketing experience
- Experience in market research, strategic planning and implementation of effective campaigns through print and digital as well as communications campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in creating innovative PR campaigns and media liaison
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Adobe Creative Suite and digital advertising skills (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Experience in water, education or training sector
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams
How to apply
Interested applicants: please submit a CV and a one page cover letter (maximum) by close of business Wednesday 29 June 2016.
Post: International WaterCentre - PO Box 10907 - Adelaide Street, Brisbane QLD 4000