Position vacant - Education Support Officer (International Energy Centre)
Primary role purpose
- Support the Education Manager in the coordination of the Master of Energy Studies (MES) program and other IEC professional development products.
- Organise and manage administrative aspects and logistics associated with the delivery of the MES.
- Respond to priorities set by the IEC Chief Executive and Education Manager as required.
- Coordinate administrative matters and logistics relating to development and delivery of the MES program.
- Contribute to the development of course guides, schedules and any other necessary documentation/ materials for the MES program.
- Act as a point of contact for current and prospective students seeking information about the MES program, including entry requirements, the application/ enrolment process, fees, dates and timelines, program structure and components.
- Facilitate communication between university partners’ academic staff, various levels of administration and IEC staff on issues related to the MES program.
- Contribute to marketing of the IEC, particularly the MES and professional development products as required.
- Assist in processing MES program and scholarship applications.
- Contribute to an efficient and effective team operation to achieve IEC business goals.
- Utilise highly developed oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain relationships amongst IEC partners, clients, external partners and the broader community.
- Undertake all work and ensure personal conduct is in accordance with relevant policy and legislation, including the Occupational Health & Safety Policy, EEO and Sexual Harassment Policy, Fraud Policy, Environmental Policy, Awards and agreements.
Selection criteria - Essential
- Demonstrated administrative skills with experience in planning and project coordination.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks without compromising attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Well-developed written communication skills to ensure preparation of quality documentation including reports, presentations and communications using a range of software packages, specifically MS Office (Word, Excel, Project).
- Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, including an interest in inter-disciplinary approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Selection criteria - Desirable
- Formal qualifications are desirable.
- An appreciation of Australia’s strengths in education and an understanding of current issues linked to energy, climate and sustainability.
- At least 12 months experience in a similar role, graduates will be considered.
Applications close 1st October 2012.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
07 3014 0252
About the International Energy Centre (IEC)
The International Energy Centre is an innovative network of leading Australian universities and industry collaborators. The mission of IEC is to be a world leader in educating the next generation of experts in the sector to address challenges and provide solutions for a low carbon world.
IEC was created in 2011 based on the succesful model of the International WaterCentre.