IWC wins two stormwater awards
The winning programs show the diversity of IWC’s achievements:
- 2013 SIAQ Award for Excellence in Policy and Education – for the IWC Water Leadership Program
- 2013 SIAQ Award for Excellence in Research and Innovation – for the UWSRA Stormwater Harvesting and Eco-hydrology Project, led by IWC on behalf of CSIRO.
The second award honored a team that included experts from the IWC, Smart Water Research Centre, CSIRO, Griffith University, the Department of Science Information Technology Innovation and the Arts, and the University of United Arab Emirates.
Speaking from Townsville, IWC’s Senior Lecturer and Education Program Manager Dr Brian McIntosh already has his eyes on a new goal: the National Stormwater Awards which will be presented in Adelaide next year.
“By taking two awards, the IWC stands to be recognised on a national stage at the upcoming National Stormwater Awards. IWC draws talent from some of Australia’s best universities, so we have every hope of further success”.
About the Stormwater Industry Association (SIA) State Awards
All across the country, the SIA state awards are presented in six key categories, which are:
• Excellence in Asset Management
• Excellence in Infrastructure
• Excellence in Policy and Education
• Excellence in Research and Innovation
• Excellence in Strategic or Master Planning
• Excellence in Integrated Stormwater Design
A list of all the Queensland award winners can be found at the SIAQ Conference website on www.siaqueensland.info