IWC CEO Mark Pascoe appointed Chair of Water Expert Panel to help deliver on the WaterQ vision for Queensland
Some of Australia’s leading water experts including scientists, engineers, environmental planners and a futurist will work together to help deliver the vision of WaterQ.
“I’m pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Mark Pascoe to chair the panel and lead this important group," said Water Supply Minister Mark McArdle.
“Mr Pascoe has more than 40 years’ experience in the water industry having worked with organisations both in Brisbane and overseas including the Brisbane City Council and a number of private global water management companies.
“His extensive experience and deep insights into global trends and emerging technologies will be invaluable as the panel looks at solutions around infrastructure, service delivery, water quality and security that will benefit water service providers of all sizes right across Queensland.”
Announcing the make-up of the promised Water Expert Panel at an Australian Water Association breakfast in Brisbane today, Mr McArdle said the panel would develop a 100 day plan outlining ways in which innovation, research and development could benefit families, businesses, industry and farmers across Queensland.
“In working to achieve this vision the expert panel will challenge the accepted norms by questioning what we already do and why we do it,” he said. “The expert panel’s work will be about identifying on-the-ground solutions to help strengthen and grow the water sector."
The panel also includes:
- Steven Cork – Director at EcoInsights, Australian National University professor, futurist
- Rob Fearon – Director of Innovation Partnerships at the Queensland Water Directorate and water, sewerage and environmental expert
- Leith Boully – Director Seqwater, Chair Local Management Arrangement Project, Chair Healthy Waterways, Chair Australian Water Recycling Centre of Excellence, Member Infrastructure Qld
- Poh-Ling Tan – Water Law and Governance professor, Griffith University, and water planner
- Chris Tanner – Professional engineer, Director at Bligh Tanner, expert in infrastructure, environment and integrated water planning
- Cara Beal – Research Fellow at Griffith University’s Smart Water Research Centre, urban water scientist, environmental consultant, and
- Jim Binney – Principal at MainStream Economics and Policy.
WaterQ is available at www.dews.qld.gov.au or by phoning 13 QGOV (13 7468).