Healthy Waterways Awards now open
The devastating floods in Queensland, combined with extensive urban development and a growing population, have significantly impacted waterway health in South East Queensland.
The annual Healthy Waterways Awards, which are now open for entries, recognise and reward the hard work that individuals, community groups and organisations undertake to protect and restore the health of our precious waterways. The 2011 Awards are open to projects that produced results from January to December 2010.
There are nine Award categories open for entry:
- eWater - Water Sensitive Urban Design Award
- WaterSecure - Research Award
- BMT WBM - Government Award
- Seqwater - Rural Award
- Humes - Industry Award
- Brisbane Airport - Community Award
- SEQ Water Grid - Clean Up Award
- Veolia Water Australia - Education Award
- Queensland Urban Utilities - Waterways Champion Award
Entry into the Awards is easy - simply download the Entry Form from the Healthy Waterways website www.healthywaterways.org. Complete and submit the form with supporting documents by 5pm Wednesday 27 April 2011.
The Awards are proudly hosted by Healthy Waterways, a non-for-profit organisation working collaboratively with government, industry, researchers and the community to protect and improve waterway health in South East Queensland.
- 2011 Awards Brochure
- 2011 Waterways Champion Entry Form
- 2011 Category Entry Form
- Media release – Awards now open