Enabling future water leaders with IWM Essentials
In May 2016 the International WaterCentre (IWC) will host a series of short courses either side of the WASH Futures Conference 2016 in Brisbane. The program provides further opportunities to build capacity within the water industry, both domestically and internationally.
The IWC is offering four two-day courses to build the technical and leadership capacity of water professionals. Led by the IWC and facilitated by experienced practitioners, the training is designed to provide an interactive learning platform on a range of topics that will complement the content of the WASH Futures Conference and provide further expertise in delivering outcomes of Integrated Water Management.
The training program offers participants the opportunity to customise their learning experience and design their training program from the following short courses:
- Advanced training in International Standard for Water Stewardship
- Introduction to flood risk management
- Introduction to leadership in the water sector
- Building community resilience
- Build your capacity and expertise in one of four specialised Integrated Water Management thematic areas
- Receive 15 hours of dedicated, face-to-face training and support to accelerate your professional development
- Take away resources and practical strategies you can implement to increase your effectiveness at work
- Connect with like-minded Australian and international water professionals, and join the larger International WaterCentre network
The IWC recognises the value of building capacity with our international partners and is offering the above short courses at a special rate, with further discounts for those that would like to enrol in two consecutive courses. This offer is only available for the IWM Essentials Program in May 2016.
For more information
For further information on the IWM Essentials short courses download the flyer or visit our website.