16th International Riversymposium call for submissions now open
The event will continue to build the knowledge base and capacity to inform policy decisions that incorporate inevitable trade-offs between river basin protection and sustainable water, energy and food security with the theme Rivers: linking water-energy-food.
We invite you to submit an abstract for an Oral or Poster presentation, Interactive Workshop or Convening Partner Feature Session via the online submission system. Abstracts will only be accepted if submitted via the online submission form. Please download and read the Abstract Submission Guidelines from the Riversymposium Website prior to submitting your abstract.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee and notification of acceptance will be sent to the email supplied at the time of submission. Abstracts for presentation at the Riversymposium must include all details outlined in the guidelines viewable on the Riversymposium Website.
The theme of the 16th International Riversymposium is Rivers: linking water-energy-food. Abstract submissions should be focused on one of five sub-themes:
- River systems: providing for people and biodiversity
- Rivers and energy: new paradigms in a changing world
- River cities: water, energy and food systems
- River health: healthy rivers, healthy economies
- Rivers globally: pathways to sustainability
- 1 March 2013 – Abstract submission closes
- 17 April 2013 – Notification of acceptance into the program
- 22 July 2013 – Early bird registration closes.
The 16th International Riversymposium is pleased to once again offer the opportunity for abstract submitters to apply for funding assistance. Funding applications must be completed at the time of your abstract submission, and are limited to one application per submitting group. Funding application guidelines can be downloaded via the Riversymposium website.