Through our high-quality capacity development programs, we aim to equip water practitioners around the world with the skills to address complex river management challenges and develop integrated solutions.
Since 2008, IWC has hosted over 600 students from 65 countries in its education and training programs.
- Master of Integrated Water Management – incorporating the scientific underpinnings of integrated river basin management, river and catchment ecology and river restoration
- Graduate Certificate in Water Planning – providing water resource and river basin managers with advanced skills and capabilities in water governance, collaboration and planning
- Custom-designed training programs – focusing on river basin management, planning, monitoring and assessment, and restoration, and suitable for local and international clients seeking to address specific training needs in their organisations.
We have provided custom-designed training for more than 160 river managers from nations including the People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
IWC offers expert services and support across the spectrum of integrated river basin management challenges to clients across the globe, including:
- tools for carrying out evidence-based policy, planning and regulation, underpinned by science, collaboration and participatory processes
- monitoring and evaluation frameworks for river health, to inform policy and planning processes
- river health management strategies to support development and implementation of long-term sustainable solutions to water resource protection issues
- community participation frameworks to ensure solutions are relevant and ‘owned’ by project stakeholders.
IWC hosts a range of activities to support knowledge sharing of best practices in river health management.