APPLICATIONS FOR 2016/2017 CLEARWATER WATER LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2016. 2017/18 SCHOLARSHIPS OPEN 1st JULY, 2017.
Each year, several merit-based Leadership Scholarships are on offer to assist talented emerging water leaders in organisation with limited resources for professional development.
The IWC Water Leadership Program helps in developing innovative water leaders with their personal leadership abilities while also connecting them with an extended network of likeminded peers across the Australian water industry.
Speak to the IWC Team about the application process today.
Phone: 07 3028 7600
Skype: WaterCentre Enquiries
Who can apply (eligibility requirements)
Scholarship applications are open to team, project and middle managers in the Australian water sector who are Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand citizens currently working in Australia.
You must have:
- Be a working professional in the water sector based in Regional Victoria
- A current professional role that is consistent with the criteria linked to at least one available scholarship (see Scholarship sponsors and conditions below)
- English language proficiency
- An ability to travel to Brisbane and attend both face-to-face training sessions on 13-17 February and 13-14 July 2017
- Organisational support from current employer to attend the program (if currently employed)
- A strong commitment to learning and personal development, including the ability to respond positively to feedback
- A desire to complement their technical and management skills with advanced leadership capabilities
- An aspiration to improve their ability to influence stakeholders and drive change in order to deliver more integrated forms of water management
ALL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE CLOSED FOR 2016/17
For more information please download our brochure
Full scholarships ($11,500)
For full scholarships ($11,500), recipients will not have to pay the course fee (valued at $9,500 excluding GST). In addition, they will be provided with a $2,000 allowance at the start of the program to cover any expenses associated with participating in the program (e.g. travel and accommodation).
The scholarship assessment process considers the following criteria:
- Compliance with mandatory criteria for entry to the program.
- The extent to which the participant is ready to benefit from the program.
- The potential benefits from enhancing the participants' leadership ability.
- The extent to which the participant has the characteristics typically associated with people who benefit the most from leadership development programs.
- 9 November 2016: Scholarship applications close for the 2016/17 program
- 14 November 2016: Applicants are notified of the outcome of their scholarship application
- 1 December 2016: Program commences (duration: 9 months)
Scholarships Terms and Conditions
Please read the scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF) carefully before applying.
How to apply
Online applications for the 2016/17 scholarships are currently CLOSED
Contact for assistance
For assistance regarding any element of the program, please contact Dr Brian McIntosh, Education Director, IWC, email@example.com